- What are the benefits of online or electronic giving?
- What program for online giving does FBC use?
- Do I need a Pushpay account to use FBC’s online giving?
- Is there a cost to set up and maintain a Pushpay account?
- What payment options are available through FBC’s online giving?
- Is it wise to use a credit card for giving?
- What are the fees for online-giving transactions?
- How does the online-donation process work?
- What if I change bank accounts or the credit/debit card I use for donating?
- What if I want to adjust the date or amount or cancel a recurring donation?
- Will I still receive an annual contribution statement for the funds I give electronically?
- Will I be provided a receipt for a one-time gift that I give electronically?
- Can FBC take money out of my account without my authorization?
- Whom do I contact if I still have questions?
- How do I get started?
If you have any other questions about online giving, please contact the webmaster at .
The following are some of the benefits that you and FBC will realize by giving online:
- It gives you an opportunity to determine what you would like to give in advance to the ministry of FBC and include it in your financial planning.
- Online giving is fast and convenient.
- You don’t have to remember to bring your check book or cash to church on Sunday.
- You can give just once or set up a regular, automated schedule for giving, e.g., weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.
- It helps simplify life . . . no more trying to remember whether or not you have supported FBC this week or month.
- When you give using a credit card, you will continue to earn credit card rewards, such as air miles, points, and cash back if your credit card includes such a benefit.
- You can reduce the number of paper checks you write.
- Giving can occur even when you are out of town or unable to attend a service.
- Regular online giving stabilizes giving patterns which, in turn, will help FBC better forecast and manage its resources.
- As more people give online, the administrative processes for receiving, counting, storing, and depositing funds and preparing detailed financial reports are streamlined. This frees up church personnel and volunteers to focus on other ministry opportunities.
FBC uses an online-giving program operated by eChurch through Pushpay. We switched over from PayPal to allow our members to easily give via text, mobile, and other online avenues. To get more information about Pushpay, visit www.echurch.com.
Not for a one-time gift using a major credit card (see below). You only need a Pushpay account if you want to set up recurring payments, give via ACH (a bank account), or store your payment method so that you don't have to type it out each time.
No. There is no charge to the donor for setting up or keeping a Pushpay account open.
Pushpay offers several different options for giving. Through Pushpay you can give through the following means:
- Credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
- Debit card
- Transfer from your bank account
We urge you NOT to use a credit card for giving UNLESS you regularly pay off the card’s full balance every month. The reason for that is when you carry a balance over from month to month, the credit card companies charge a very high interest rate. In fact, for this reason, it is unwise to use a credit card at all UNLESS you pay the monthly balance in full.
No fees are incurred by you (the donor) for any contributions made using the online-giving system. However, FBC incurs a fee for donations made electronically: 1% for electronic withdraws from a checking account, 2% for debit cards, and 3% for credit cards.
You decide, with God, when and how much to donate. As you go through the online donation process, you will be directed through a few short and simple steps. Secure web forms are used to collect your personal information and donation designations. At the end of the process, you will be given an opportunity to review your entries before you make them final. At any point in the process, you are given an opportunity to cancel the transaction.
You can change your payment method at any time by accessing your online Pushpay account. Visit the Pushpay help site to find out how to change your payment method.
You can log into your Pushpay account and change the recurring payment schedule, or cancel the donation, at any point. Visit the Pushpay help site to find out how to modify or cancel a recurring payment.
Yes. FBC will mail your year-end giving statement directly to your home address.
Yes. As soon as the one-time gift transaction goes through, you will see a link allowing you to print out a detailed receipt for your gift. You will also receive an e-mail notification with a confirmation number, the amount, and recipient information.
Absolutely not! You control when and how much money is transferred either through initiating the one-time-giving option or recurring-gift option.
If you have any questions about donating online, send an e-mail message to and someone will get back to you soon. Also, we welcome any recommendations users may have that will help us improve the online giving process. Please refer to the Pushpay help website for any specific technical questions you may have about the website or program.
Go to our online giving page, fill out either the ‘One-Time Gift’ or ‘Automatic Recurring Gift’ section, press the ‘Donate’ button, and follow the prompts.